Duct cleaning companies have been around for many years and clean ducts have been shown to improve the air quality in your home and to help your furnace and air conditioning system perform better and last longer. (Cassidy’s Duct Cleaning has been cleaning ducts for over 18 years and has served over 16,000 customers.)
One of the most common questions we get asked is how often should your ducts been cleaned?
The factors that determine how often your ducts need cleaning are based upon your family’s health, your lifestyle and your location.
Does anyone in your home have allergies?
Do you have a pet or pets?
How many people live in your home?
Do you cook frequently?
Do you do crafts in your home?
Do you live in a dusty area?
Are you near a highway or road?
Is there new construction in your area?
Are there a lot of trees in the area?
Inside the duct work of your heating and cooling system fine dust particles, pollen, pet fur, flakes of dead skin, hair, pet dander and other air borne contaminants build up and in a short time form a coating where bacteria, mould, dust mites and allergens can grow. This layer of material builds up on your furnace filter, the blower motor, your air conditioning coil, the plenums and through the duct work of your heating and cooling system. Every time your blower motor comes on these contaminants are stirred up into the air blown through your home.
5 Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
- 1. Little puffs of dust or fur blowing out of your air ducts. (Check the bottoms of curtains near air ducts.)
- 2. Visible dust or hair or fur trapped in the vents.
- 3. Dusty build up on the return vents.
- 4. When you look in the vent you see dust balls, webs or dirt.
- 5. Check your air filter. If it is dirty air flow through your system slows down and dust settles throughout the duct work and plenums.
These are the easiest areas for you to check the condition of your duct work. Any of these signs show that there is dust, dirt and other contaminants in your ductwork. This contaminants may cause health problems, make your blower motor work too hard and may result in moisture build up in your air conditioning cooling coils. The fastest way to solve these problems is to contact Cassidy’s Duct Cleaning by email (click here), texting or calling 416-896-2534, requesting a quote by clicking here.
5 Problems Contaminants in Your Duct Work Cause
- Increased energy costs because your blower motor is working harder to blow air through your home and your furnace or air conditioner is running longer to heat or cool your home.
- Increased wear and tear on the blower motor, the furnace motor and the air conditioning motor because they are running longer to move air through your home to reach the temperature you want.
- Possible moisture buildup leading, to rust forming, and mould and mildew growing around your condensing coils for your air conditioner.
- Contaminants in your duct work can become a breeding ground for bacteria, mites and other pests.
- Allergens, dirt, dust and other contaminants may blow through your home covering electronics, toys, furniture, bedding etc which may affect young children, people with allergies or breathing problems, pets and result in more cleaning being done.
In Summary here are 5 Reasons to get your ducts clean by Cassidy’s Air Duct Cleaning
- Save money on energy bills because of better air flow which means your home heats or cools faster.
- Save money on repair bills because your furnace and air conditioner aren’t overworking.
- Save time on cleaning because less contaminants are being blown through your home.
- Reduce possibilities or respiratory or health problems because fewer contaminants are being blow through your home.
- More peace of mind because you are caring for your family.